Weekday Coding Class & Study/Coding Time
In March, Coding Lab Japan has coding classes Monday–Friday and an optional homework/independent coding time in the afternoon.
Schedule (March 9–March 13 & March 16–March 20)
9:00–10:00: Doors Open
Students are welcome to arrive any time after 9:00am and wait for their class to start.
10:00–12:00: Coding Classes
- Scratch Beginner 1 — New Students
- Coding Club Scratch (ages 7-9 & 10-12): Intermediate Level
- Python Perfect and Independent Projects (ages 10-12 & 13-17)
12:00–13:00 Lunch Break
All students are welcome to being their own food and eat at Coding Lab
13:00–16:00: Homework/Independent Coding Lab–only available to students who are taking the 10:00am–12:00pm coding class.
- Teachers will be present to supervise but they will not be teaching a project.
- Students can work on their school homework.
- Students can work on coding projects.
- Students have access to robots (mbot and Codey Rocky) and devices (microbit, makey makey, etc) .
- Teachers will be available, on a limited basis, to help students with homework questions and coding questions.
- Short breaks each hour
• March 9 – 13 https://codinglab.jp/product/weekday-coding-club-march-9-13/
• March 16 – 20 https://codinglab.jp/product/weekday-coding-club-march-16-20/
• March (23 — 27) https://codinglab.jp/product/independent-study-2020/
At Coding Lab Japan are concerned about the current Corona Virus and are taking the following measures. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact us.
What we are doing at the school
- In the morning and the end of the day we are cleaning all the doors, surfaces, etc.
- We are ventilating the air in the school periodically during the day by opening windows and using fans.
- We are purifying the air in the school using a Blue Air system
- We require students to wash their hands every time they enter the school (arrival, bathroom breaks, etc.)
- We are cleaning all computers, mice, and workspaces at the end of each class.
- We are offering an online class option for many of our classes.
- Some courses we are unable to offer online, such as Jr, robotics classes.
- Please contact us if you would prefer to have your child join a class online instead of coming to the school. Or fill out the online class request form a.codinglab.jp/online2020
We are asking parents to follow these guidelines
- If your child is sick, has a fever, or not feeling well, please stay at home from class.
- Please check your child’s temperature on a regular basis.
- Please instruct your child on the proper way to cough or sneeze into their arm.