Physics & Scratch
In the Tinker Garage Physics & Scratch camp, kids spend all their time coding Scratch projects related to Physics.
In this course, students will learn about the basics of Physics (motion, velocity, acceleration, and gravity) and learn how to code (model) it in Scratch. We’ll use Scratch to create simple programs to illustrate and explain Physics. And then kids will apply the physics they learned in Scratch games and animations. They’ll learn how to use acceleration to create more realistic motion, use gravity to make objects fall and bounce, and use parabolic motion to make objects thrown in games fall more realistically.
- Children 6-12 & 12-17 years old
- Completed at least Scratch Beginner II (or by approval)
- No experience with physics required
- Laptops and hardware devices provided
- Learn how to use Scratch to model Physics. And apply Physics to Scratch programs.
- Learn the basics of Physics.
- Continue to develop core coding skills.
- Cultivate and Develop problem-solving and critical logic skills.
- Appreciation of the application of Science and Mathematics in coding.
- Course Duration: 10 hours
- Small Class Size: 6 students maximum
Upcoming Physics & Scratch Camps