Minecraft & Scratch
In the Minecraft & Scratch class, kids will learn how to use Scratch to program characters in Minecraft. Students will use all the computer programming concepts they learned in Scratch and apply it to programming in Minecraft.
Students will do the following things in the class:
- Program a character to move.
- Program an automated pet to follow the player.
- Program a character to detect different types of blocks.
- Program an automated character to search for different types of blocks, mine them, and return them to the player.
- Continue to practice and improve their coding skills.
Who is this coding class for?
- Children 7-10 & 10-12 years old
- Completed at least Scratch Beginner II (or by approval)
- Laptops and hardware devices provided
- Learn how to use Scratch to program characters in Minecraft.
- Continue to develop core coding skills.
- Cultivate and Develop problem-solving and critical logic skills.
- Appreciation of the application of Science and Mathematics in coding.
- Course Duration: 6 hours
- Small Class Size: 6 students maximum