Game Design & Scratch
In the Tinker Garage Game Design & Scratch camp, kids spend all their time learning about games, game design, and creating games in Scratch.
In this course, students will learn not only how to make games in Scratch but they will also learn the basics of game design–what are the components of a game, how to create goals, rules, and challenges for a game, and what makes games interesting. We will create different types of game in Scratch, from puzzle games, to platform games, to story based games. Learn how to use basic physics to make motion in games more realistic. And most importantly, kids will use their creativity and the skills they’ve learned to design and create their own game from start-to-finish.
- Children 6-12 & 12-17 years old
- Completed at least Scratch Beginner II (or by approval)
- No experience with game design required
- Laptops and hardware devices provided
- Learn how to use Scratch to create more in-depth and interesting games.
- Learn the basics of game design and what makes games interesting
- Continue to develop core coding skills.
- Cultivate and Develop problem-solving and critical logic skills.
- Appreciation of the application of Science and Mathematics in coding.
- Course Duration: 10 hours
- Small Class Size: 6 students maximum
Upcoming Game Design & Scratch Camps