Designed specifically for children (age 7-12) who are completely new to programming / coding, this program introduces your children to a lifelong skill that is important for the future.
Children will be using Scratch, a graphics-based computer coding language developed by Mitchel Resnick, LEGO Papert Professor of Learning Research and head of the Lifelong Kindergarten group at the MIT media labs.
At the end of the trial, students and parents will have a feel of what coding and learning to code is about.
Want to know more? Read our FAQ on our coding for kids courses here.
Trial Course Outline
- Explore scratch and familiarise with interface.
- Hands on experience and application of techniques.
- Controlling your on-screen characters
- Making your animation come alive (music, colour, costumes)
Who is this coding class for?
- Children 7-12 years old
- No prior knowledge required
- Laptop provided (one per child)
- Course Duration: Total 2 Hours
- Small Class Size: 6 students maximum